GUIJUELO 0-6 ATLÉTICO
Rober: "I've been at Atlético for 10 years, my boyhood dream has come true"
Rober Mañas realized a dream at the Helmántico, making his senior debut for Atlético Madrid and getting on the scoresheet against Guijuelo Atlético vs Real Madrid
Dream come true
This evening in Salamanca, Rober Mañas realized a dream which he has haboured since he was a young boy. The 20-year-old striker made his senior debut for Atlético Madrid and scored in the 0-6 Copa del Rey win over Guijuelo.
You made your debut in official competition with Atlético and celebrated it with a goal…
That means so much to me because it shows that when you work hard, you are rewarded. I was lucky enough to come on and get a goal, it's been a very important night for me.
What did the boss say to you?
As a joke, he called me a goal machine! All of the lads gave me a slap on the back when we got back to the changing rooms. It's been incredible.
What does tonight mean to you?
It's the dream of a boy who has spent 10 years at Atlético. A boyhood dream come true. I'm sure that goal will help me for the future and in the next few games. For a player from the reserves, it's great to have a game like tonight's. I'll never forget that goal.
Te recomendamos en English
- Ligue 1 Mbappé and Neymar on target to secure PSG win
- Ballon d'Or Mane snubbed for being African, claims Kouyate
- REAL MADRID Sancho, Vinicius, Joao Felix: in that order for Zidane
- BARCELONA Barça renew Ansu Fati and increase release clause to €170M
- Rapinoe asks Ronaldo and Messi to 'help' in fight against racism, sexism
- REAL MADRID “Florentino's arrival at Madrid was a turning point for the club" - Butragueño