GUIJUELO 0-6 ATLÉTICO
Rober: "I've been at Atlético for 10 years, my boyhood dream has come true"
Rober Mañas realized a dream at the Helmántico, making his senior debut for Atlético Madrid and getting on the scoresheet against Guijuelo Atlético vs Real Madrid
Dream come true
This evening in Salamanca, Rober Mañas realized a dream which he has haboured since he was a young boy. The 20-year-old striker made his senior debut for Atlético Madrid and scored in the 0-6 Copa del Rey win over Guijuelo.
You made your debut in official competition with Atlético and celebrated it with a goal…
That means so much to me because it shows that when you work hard, you are rewarded. I was lucky enough to come on and get a goal, it's been a very important night for me.
What did the boss say to you?
As a joke, he called me a goal machine! All of the lads gave me a slap on the back when we got back to the changing rooms. It's been incredible.
What does tonight mean to you?
It's the dream of a boy who has spent 10 years at Atlético. A boyhood dream come true. I'm sure that goal will help me for the future and in the next few games. For a player from the reserves, it's great to have a game like tonight's. I'll never forget that goal.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics are returning in Tokyo 2021?
- NFL NFL's new Covid protocol has Hopkins considering retirement
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021: competition schedule: dates, times, events, sports
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING When did Michael Phelps retire? How many medals did he win?
- CORONAVIRUS How dangerous is the delta variant to children and young people?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?