GUIJUELO 0-6 ATLÉTICO
Rober: "I've been at Atlético for 10 years, my boyhood dream has come true"
Rober Mañas realized a dream at the Helmántico, making his senior debut for Atlético Madrid and getting on the scoresheet against Guijuelo Atlético vs Real Madrid
Dream come true
This evening in Salamanca, Rober Mañas realized a dream which he has haboured since he was a young boy. The 20-year-old striker made his senior debut for Atlético Madrid and scored in the 0-6 Copa del Rey win over Guijuelo.
You made your debut in official competition with Atlético and celebrated it with a goal…
That means so much to me because it shows that when you work hard, you are rewarded. I was lucky enough to come on and get a goal, it's been a very important night for me.
What did the boss say to you?
As a joke, he called me a goal machine! All of the lads gave me a slap on the back when we got back to the changing rooms. It's been incredible.
What does tonight mean to you?
It's the dream of a boy who has spent 10 years at Atlético. A boyhood dream come true. I'm sure that goal will help me for the future and in the next few games. For a player from the reserves, it's great to have a game like tonight's. I'll never forget that goal.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS UK bars and pubs reopening on Super Saturday July 4th: schedule, opening times, conditions
- CORONAVIRUS July 4th 2020: Why it is called ‘Super Saturday’?
- BUNDESLIGA Rummenigge confirms Thiago Alcántara will leave Bayern Munich
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid troll Barcelona about four-point lead
- CORONAVIRUS | USA How to celebrate July 4th safely during Covid-19
- Coronavirus Ghanaian minister resigns after breaching self-isolation rules