Just two days before Barça welcome Real Madrid to Camp Nou, Luis Enrique was able to take a training session with all his first-team players (with the exception of Jeremy Mathieu).
That is because both Gerard Pique and Jordi Alba, who hadn’t been able to exercise since the draw against Real Sociedad on Sunday, came back to join the rest of the squad for the first part of training on Thursday.
Iniesta ready to go
Lionel Messi too – who on Monday stayed in the gym – was back on the grass, while Andrés Iniesta, just returning from a six week spell on the sidelines, also participated in the full session. Iniesta in fact could have played in the Copa del Rey on Wednesday if he hadn’t had to serve a cup suspension.
Take a look at our El Clásico injury update page to see who is fit, who is a doubt, and who looks set to miss out for both sides on Saturday.
Recommended in English
- GLOBAL NEWS How much money has baby shark made?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Francisco Gento, ‘The Gale of the Cantabrian Sea’
- NFL Seahawks fire defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr.
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team