Just two days before Barça welcome Real Madrid to Camp Nou, Luis Enrique was able to take a training session with all his first-team players (with the exception of Jeremy Mathieu).
That is because both Gerard Pique and Jordi Alba, who hadn’t been able to exercise since the draw against Real Sociedad on Sunday, came back to join the rest of the squad for the first part of training on Thursday.
Iniesta ready to go
Lionel Messi too – who on Monday stayed in the gym – was back on the grass, while Andrés Iniesta, just returning from a six week spell on the sidelines, also participated in the full session. Iniesta in fact could have played in the Copa del Rey on Wednesday if he hadn’t had to serve a cup suspension.
Take a look at our El Clásico injury update page to see who is fit, who is a doubt, and who looks set to miss out for both sides on Saturday.
Recommended in English
- LIGA MX Atlas to face Pumas UNAM in the semi-final
- PRIMEIRA LIGA Covid-hit Belenenses SAD hammered by Benfica in forfeited game
- JUVENTUS Juventus confirm police probe into Serie A club's transfer dealings
- SOCCER Which players have won the most Ballons d'Or?
- BALLON D'OR When did Cristiano Ronaldo win his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats
- BALLO D'OR When did Messi win all of his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats