Chapecoense: Champions League and Europa League silence
Uefa have announced that all games in the Champions League and Europa League for next week will begin with a minute's silence in memory of those lost in Colombia.
Moment of respect for those that were lost
A minute's silence for the Chapecoense football players killed in a plane disaster in Colombia will be held before every Champions League and Europa League game next week, UEFA said Thursday.
'This tragedy has shaken the world of football and we would like to send our support to all of those affected by it,' said UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin in announcing the gesture.
A tragedy that has touched the world
Most of the Brazilian club's players and coaching staff were among 71 people killed when a plane carrying them to the Copa Sudamericana final against Atletico Nacional crashed near Medellin in Colombia earlier this week.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 29 July
- GOLD CUP Mexico vs Canada, Gold Cup semi-final: how to watch - times, TV, online
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 29 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS Simone Biles suffers twisties: What are they? How do they affect gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness