Chapecoense: Champions League and Europa League silence
Uefa have announced that all games in the Champions League and Europa League for next week will begin with a minute's silence in memory of those lost in Colombia.
Moment of respect for those that were lost
A minute's silence for the Chapecoense football players killed in a plane disaster in Colombia will be held before every Champions League and Europa League game next week, UEFA said Thursday.
'This tragedy has shaken the world of football and we would like to send our support to all of those affected by it,' said UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin in announcing the gesture.
A tragedy that has touched the world
Most of the Brazilian club's players and coaching staff were among 71 people killed when a plane carrying them to the Copa Sudamericana final against Atletico Nacional crashed near Medellin in Colombia earlier this week.
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth