Borussia Dortmund forward Pierre Emerick Aubameyang, who has a blistering turn of pace that regularly leaveds defenders in his wake, has challenged Usain Bolt to a race over 30 metres. The Jamaica sprint star, who is a huge football fan, is in Europe to promote his documentary film I’m Bolt.
Bolt in football
Bolt has been constantly linked with a marketers’ dream link-up with football, having in his time stated his desire to play for Manchester United and, more recently, there have been rumours that he may get a trial at Dortmund. He also declared himself a Real Madrid fan because of Cristiano Ronaldo.
Aubameyang threw down the gauntlet while Bolt was being interviewed, via a video message. “I’m waiting for you,” the striker says. “I want to have this race; everybody says I’m fast, but I don’t know if I’m that fast. I hope to see you one day, so let's do this challenge.”
Bolt, on viewing the message on the interviewer's phone, broke into a smile and replied: “He knows that I’m going to win.”
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem