Sergio Agüero has been slapped with a four-match ban by the FA for his challenge on David Luiz in Chelsea's 3-1 win over Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium last weekend.
Agüero was shown a straight red card deep into stoppage time by referee Anthony Taylor after he lunged two-footed at Brazilian defender Luiz with his studs showing and at knee height.
Fernandinho off in melee
Agüero’s challenge resulted in a melee between City and Chelsea players that also saw Fernandinho sent off after he grabbed Chelsea's Cesc Fàbregas by the throat and shoved him to the floor. The Brazilian midfielder was given a three-match ban for his conduct.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds