Gabigol's move to Inter Milan has been an abject failure. After Barcelona threatened to sue Santos over the transfer of the 20-year-old, it seems it was hardly worth the hassle as he has only played in one game for the Italian club and Di Marzio reports that a move to Las Palmas could be on the cards in the January transfer window.
The attacker who represented Brazil at under-15, 17, 20 and 23 level, and won a Olympic Gold medal with the national side at Rio last summer, has been out of favour under both Franck de Boer and now Stefano Pioli since he took over from the Dutch man last month. His first and last game was against Bologna in September when played just 16 minutes.
January move highly likely
His representative, Wagner Ribeiro says "he is not happy at Inter because he is not being given the chance to play. I will return to Italy in January and try to resolve the situation for once and for all. He could return to Brazil in 2017 but it is very difficult," giving the impression that another European club will most likely be attaining his services.
Barcelona threatened to sue as they said they signed a contract that would allow them three days to decide whether they wanted to sign him or not when he became available. This was reportedly part of the Neymar deal that brought him to Barcelona in 2013.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Gonzalo Higuaín returned to the MLS Team of the Week
- LALIGA SANTANDER Coutinho reaches 100, but Barcelona won't pay Liverpool variable
- SOCCER | BARCELONA Koeman: Clasico Barcelona fans incident reflects "social issues"
- NBA | BULLS Bulls 'want to win now' after following in Michael Jordan's footsteps with 4-0 start
- MLB When was the last time the Astros and Braves won the World Series?
- WORLD SERIES Who are the MLB World Series winners by year?