El 'Pocho' Lavezzi, the Argentine footballer formerly of PSG who joined Hebei China Fortune last February is the highest paid football in the world according to Football Leaks. The Argentine trumps both Cristiano and Messi with an astronomical pay packet for playing in the Chinese league.
The winger signed a contract that will pay him €53.2 million over 23 months, which includes €2.3 million per month for the duration of his contract. Cristiano Ronaldo, the Real Madrid star, gets €21 million per year with his new contract that he signed until 2020. As for Messi, who is negotiating a contract renewal, which might move him ahead of them all.
Thiago Silva's contract revealed
Football Leaks also published information that states PSG pay Thiago Silva €400,000 every time they win a Ligue 1 game, €300,000 for Champions League, €250,000 if they win the French Cup and €350,000 if he participates in 60% of the team's games.
Recommended in English
- BOXING Fury tells Whyte to "step up and take beating" as fight talks go on
- NFL New York Giants sticking with Jones, rule out Watson move
- NFC Chiefs injury report: Tyrann Mathieu in concussion protocol
- NFL NFL free agency 2022: the five best available quarterbacks
- NFL An Eagle no more: Brandon Brooks retires
- NFL Kwesi Adofo-Mensah all set to be named Vikings GM