'Cesarini time': Real make late goals their forte this season
Zidane's side have scored 13 last-gasp goals to win 10 points in LaLiga, four points in the Champions League and the European Super Cup.
So far this campaign, Real Madrid have managed to make last-minute drama their speciality. Zidane's side have got used to living on the edge right up to the closing stages and striking in 'Cesarini time' i.e. in reference to Juventus legend Renato Cesarini's habit of scoring late. In LaLiga Los Blancos have sealed 10 points in the final 10 minutes, while their last-gasp efforts have also earned valuable points in the Champions League group stages and won them the European Super Cup.
In LaLiga Real Madrid have gained 10 points after the 80th minute: Kroos made it 2-1 against Celta in the 81st minute; Morata netted against Athletic Club in the 82nd minute (again 2-1); and club-specialist Sergio Ramos famously headed his side level in the 89th minute in last week's El Clásico, and was at it again in the 92nd minute against Deportivo to grab the win after Mariano had equalised in the 83rd.
In the Champions League, goals from Cristiano Ronaldo and Morata in the 88th and 93rd minutes, respectively, saw Madrid surge back against Sporting CP to win a game that looked beyond them, while Kovacic's 84th-minute effort was enough to earn a draw against Legia Warsaw.
Moreover, points are not the only thing Madrid have won at the death; their never-say-die attitude also won them the European Super Cup against Sevilla - as the clock was ticking down Sergio Ramos popped up in the 92nd minute to make it 2-2 and take the game into extra-time before Carvajal brought the silverware to the Bernabéu with a goal in the 118th minute.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Why is the social security Cost-of-Living Adjustment for 2022 projected at 6.0% to 6.1%?
- NFL Injury struck Baltimore Ravens face the Kansas City Chiefs
- Emmy Awards 2021 How are Emmy awards chosen?
- EMMY AWARDS 2021 2021 Emmy Awards: Times, TV, how to stream and watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Klopp gives lowdown after win over Crystal Palace
- LIGUE 1 PSG vs Lyon, how and where to watch - Messi home debut, times, TV, online