Alen Halilovic’s move to Hamburg from Barcelona has not gone very well for the Croatian midfielder, starting only one game for his club so far in 2016-17.
Such is his frustration in the Bundesliga that his representatives have been trying to find an escape route back to Spain and have been making calls to some top-flight clubs but so far they have met with little success.
The "Balkan Messi"
Leganés were approached but Asier Garitano has other priorities, chief among them a central defender and a new keeper.
Sporting, where Halilovic spent last season on loan, and Espanyol have also been sounded out over a loan or a permanent deal for the 20-year-old, who was snapped up by Barcelona for 2.2 million euros in 2014 from Dynamo Zagreb, where he was known as the “Balkan Messi.”
Halilovic enjoyed the first half of his loan spell at El Molinón last season and put in some eye-catching performances but in the second half of 2015-16, when Sporting needs were more pragmatic, the artful midfielder disappeared from the starting 11.
Sale to Hamburg
When he returned to parent club Barcelona he did not feature in Luis Enrique’s plans and was sold to Hamburg for five million euros. However, Halilovic has made only seven appearances, totaling 164 minutes, and has not played at all since October.
In an attempt to kick-start his career his agents are trying to secure a move back to Spain, but it should be remembered that Halilovic was at Barcelona B when the side were relegated and often made the headlines for the wrong reasons.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 Golden State Stimulus check: can I get it if I also received the third stimulus check?
- US NEWS Lyrids meteor shower 2021: dates, times and how to see in the US
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Is it possible to use the money from the stimulus check to pay the rent or the mortgage?
- CORONAVIRUS US Coronavirus US: is a third dose of the Pfizer vaccine necessary?
- US NEWS How to get Covid-19 a vaccine appointment in Florida?