LaLiga referees file complaint against Barcelona's Gerard Piqué
After comments made by the Barça central defender in the games against Athletic Bilbao in the Cup and Villarreal in LaLiga, the referees committee have written to the RFEF.
Victoriano Sánchez Arminio, president of the referee committee (Comité Técnico de Árbitros, CTA), has announced that they have already filed a complaint against FC Barcelona star, Gerard Piqué. According to Sport, the CTA has sent a letter to the Spanish Football Federation filing a double complaint for the words used by the central defender following the conclusion of the Copa del Rey defeat to Athletic Bilbao, and the most recent Liga game against Villarreal.
Cup frustration runneth over
The first complaint has been filed after comments made by the Spanish defender following incidents in the Athletic cup game - a possible penalty foul on Neymar and the aggression shown by Aduriz to Umtiti. In response to these Piqué was heard saying, "we already know how this works".
Drawing the same conclusion
The second comes on the back of his words, and actions, after the game against Villarreal. "Every week the referees show me to be right," said the Blaugrana after the game where his side had two penalty claims waved away.
With the two complaints going down different disciplinary routes within the RFEF, the process for each could last around a month.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL How does the salary cap of NBA teams work? Trades, extensions, minimum veteran salary
- MLB Houston Astros take Game 1 over Boston Red Sox in ALCS
- OTHER SPORTS Canelo vs Plant fight: odds, prediction, dates, times
- US NEWS Why are there food shortages and a global supply chain crisis?
- US NEWS How much does it cost to be a space tourist?
- US NEWS Why are John Deere workers striking?