It didn't take long for Ronaldo to respond to Michael Owen's jab about his weight. Owen had a go at Ronaldo after the two, along with Zinedine Zidane, Luis Figo and Raymond Kopa appeared to honour Cristiano Ronaldo after he won his fourth Ballon d'Or award recently.
Owen said on Twitter, "I thought I was gaining weight until I saw my old mate Ronnie." El Fenómeno, speaking at the FIFA ceremony on Monday night says he did not speak to Owen after he wrote that but says, "I am shocked as to how much importance my weight garners in the world we live in. I don't know why it is so important, to be honest."
Carlos responds too
Ronaldo was not the only one offended by Owen's comments on social media. Roberto Carlos also responded, saying "I don't like these type of jokes. Ronaldo is a very good friend of mine and we have to be careful. The thing about Ronaldo is not about his body, it's his heart, he has a very big heart," his former teammate said.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother