Villarreal hand new deals to Mario Gaspar and Jaume Costa
The 'Submarine' has renewed the contracts of the two full-backs Jaume to 2021 and Mario Gaspar to 2023.
Villarreal CF have amplified the contracts of full-backs Jaume Costa and Mario Gaspar, who will remain at the club to 2021 and 2023 respectively. Left-back Jaume Costa's previous contract was due to expire in 2018 and Mario's in 2020; both have signed three-year extensions.
The 'Submarine' continue with their plan of renewing the contracts of the players who form the backbone of the side with Sergio Asenjo and Manu Trigueros recently signing new deals. Mario joined Villarreal ahead of the 2007/2008 season, and Jaume Costa was brought on board for the 2010/2011 campaign. The two defenders are two of the most-used players under Fran Escribá this term, accumulating 1,987 and 1,553 minutes playing time, respectively between LaLiga Santander, the Champions League Play-offs, UEFA Europa League and Copa del Rey.
Recommended in English
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers’ net worth?
- NFL Aaron Rodgers calls out Biden's 'fake White House' after vaccine spat
- NFL How and where to watch Bills v Chiefs: Kickoff time, TV channel, live stream
- NFL 49ers 13 vs. 10 Packers summary: Gould FG seals Niners win, stats, and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Burrow sacked nine times in Bengals win over Titans
- NFL Chiefs Tyreek Hill fined $12K for pom-pom celebration vs Steelers