Dani Carvajal facing around a month out with hamstring injury
Real Madrid have confirmed that the Spain international right-back has suffered a "grade 2 injury to his right biceps femoris".
Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane has been dealt a major injury blow, with defender Dani Carvajal set to miss about a month with a hamstring strain.
A doubt for Champions League first leg
Carvajal was not involved in Wednesday's Copa del Rey loss to Celta Vigo, with the player initially thought to have been rested to shake off a minor niggle.
But it has now emerged that the physical problem, apparently suffered by the right-back in Madrid training on Tuesday, is more serious than that.
In a medical report published on their official website, Real confirmed Carvajal "has been diagnosed with a grade 2 injury to his right biceps femoris."
May be sidelined for total of ten matches
The Spain international looks to be in a race against time to make Los Blancos' Champions League last-16 first leg with Napoli on 15 February.
In total, the 25-year-old could miss as many as ten Real Madrid games: five in LaLiga, four in the Copa del Rey and one in Europe.
GAMES CARVAJAL COULD MISS
LaLiga: Málaga (21 January), Real Sociedad (29 January), Celta (5 February), Osasuna (11 February) and Espanyol (18 February).
Copa del Rey: In addition to the first leg, the second leg at Celta (25 January) and the semi-finals - if Real get there (1 and 8 February).
Champions League: First leg against Napoli (15 February).
Recommended in English
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What did Justice Brett Kavanaugh say in the Supreme Court abortion law hearing?
- NFL Colts vs Cardinals on 2021 Christmas Day tickets: price and where to buy
- NFL Who are the 10 best Dallas Cowboy players of all time?
- SOCCER Everton vs Liverpool live online: Premier League 2021/22
- MLS Carlos Vela to return to LAFC for the 2022 MLS campaign
- NBA Suns outshine Warriors and Curry accepts responsibility