Report: Inter Milan back in for Atletico Madrid's Sime Vrsaljko
The 25-year-old impressed last season at Sassuolo and had a number of clubs chasing him including Inter, Napoli and Atletico Madrid.
Inter Milan will try to sign Sime Vrsaljko after a failed summer attempt to sign the player from Sassuolo, according to Mundo Deportivo. Along with Napoli and Atletico, Inter were in the race for his signature six months ago but ultimately failed in their attempts.
The Croatian impressed during Euro 2016 with his country and Atletico Madrid signed him as a future replacement or Juanfran. As things transpired, he was called upon to replace Juanfran before expected and has solidified himself in the right-back position while Juanfran has been forced to occupy the right midfield role on occasion since his usurping.
The Italian club are said to be very keen on signing him and the fact that they are returning after a failed bid suggests this is the case, but Atletico Madrid will need serious convincing as they are faced with a transfer ban for the summer too pending an appeal verdict. The fact that he has stamped his authority on the right-back position is also another hurdle that Inter must face.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 29 July
- GOLD CUP Mexico vs Canada, Gold Cup semi-final: how to watch - times, TV, online
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 29 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS Simone Biles suffers twisties: What are they? How do they affect gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness