Report: Inter Milan back in for Atletico Madrid's Sime Vrsaljko
The 25-year-old impressed last season at Sassuolo and had a number of clubs chasing him including Inter, Napoli and Atletico Madrid.
Inter Milan will try to sign Sime Vrsaljko after a failed summer attempt to sign the player from Sassuolo, according to Mundo Deportivo. Along with Napoli and Atletico, Inter were in the race for his signature six months ago but ultimately failed in their attempts.
The Croatian impressed during Euro 2016 with his country and Atletico Madrid signed him as a future replacement or Juanfran. As things transpired, he was called upon to replace Juanfran before expected and has solidified himself in the right-back position while Juanfran has been forced to occupy the right midfield role on occasion since his usurping.
The Italian club are said to be very keen on signing him and the fact that they are returning after a failed bid suggests this is the case, but Atletico Madrid will need serious convincing as they are faced with a transfer ban for the summer too pending an appeal verdict. The fact that he has stamped his authority on the right-back position is also another hurdle that Inter must face.
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth