Friday night’s LaLiga match between Deportivo and Betis at the Riazor stadium in A Coruña has been called off after a storm front passing through Galicia damaged sections of the stadium’s roof overnight.
After assessments of the damage by local officials and in the face of the risk of further structural damage, with conditions in the region not expected to improve during Friday, the decision was taken to postpone the fixture.
Wind speeds have been registered at up to 120km/h in Galicia and 10-metre high waves have been witnessed on the beaches near Riazor.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL 49ers LB Dre Greenlaw out for 4-6 weeks due to groin injury
- National Football League second week breakdown
- BAYERN MUNICH "Magician", "the next Neymar": new Bayern starlet draws lofty praise
- PREMIER LEAGUE Despite posting losses Woodward confident that Man Utd are 'on right track'
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: match-day 5, bullet point preview
- NBA Real Madrid's Demin, Duru among youngsters tipped for NBA