Soler sent off for Valencia after reacting to being attacked
The Valencia defender was involved in a tussle at a corner with Eibar's Escalante. The visiting player raised a hand to Soler, who responded in kind and was sent off.
Soler sent off for Valencia
Just before the half-time whistle, with Eibar leading Valencia 1-0 at Mestalla, the visiting side earned a corner. With the ball about to be swung in, Valencia's Carlos Soler and Eibar's Gonzálo Escalante became involved in a tussle in the box.
The Eibar player swung a hand at Soler, connecting with his face. The Valencia player attempted to respond in kind, though didn't appear to make any real contact.
Soler sent off, Eibar score resulting penalty
Referee Munuera Montero clearly missed Escalante's initial agression, awarding nothing against the Eibar player, but he had spotted Soler's raised hand, and sent him off. He also awarded a penalty for Eibar, which Adrián converted straight down the middle, with a diving Diego Alvés watching helplessly and wishing he'd stood his ground.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS What is Walmart's buy now, pay later program? Why is the layaway program discarded?
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano eruption today: evacuation, possible tsunami and live updates
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- NFL | JAGUARS Jags QB Lawrence vows not to 'play timid' after throwing seven interceptions
- NFL | BUCS Brady demands Bucs learn from Rams defeat
- Rodgers convinced last-gasp turnaround gives Packers 'legitimacy' as Super Bowl contenders