Cerezo: Agüero the only player "to leave Atleti under a cloud"
The Atlético Madrid president discussed the Argentinean's Calderón departure: "
Follow the Manchester City - Mónaco live | Champions League
Atlético Madrid president Enrique Cerezo spoke about Sergio Agüero’s departure for Manchester City in 2011 on Spanish radio network Cope and stated that the Argentinean did not leave the club on the best of terms.
“Agüero was the only player to leave Atleti under a cloud, and it was foolish. He arrived as a hero and he left by the back door,” Cerezo said. “He left Atlético on very, very bad terms.”
Agüero's Manchester City future up in the air
The Atlético chief’s words came at just the moment that Agüero’s future at Manchester City is under question. Gabriel Jesús’ explosion on the scene in the Premier League has temporarily reduced Agüero to the role of substitute and the player has suggested he will review his situation in the summer with Real Madrid among the clubs likely to be interested if City are ready to talk business.
Agüero arrived at the Calderón in the summer of 2006 from Independiente at the age of 18 and made an immediate impact in LaLiga. He went on to play for Atlético for five seasons and won the Uefa Cup and the European Supercup during his Calderón career.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans live online: scores, stats and updates | NFL Week 6
- NFL Ravens' John Harbaugh thinks Jackson critique misses point
- NFL Which NFL players have 'gone broke' after their career?
- SOCCER Real Madrid team news, possible starting XI against Shakhtar
- NBA NBA 21/22 season: How much does a cheerleader earn?
- MLB Astros vs. Red Sox live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series