Barcelona left "devastated" by Aleix Vidal injury - Luis Enrique
The Barça head coach spoke to the media after his side's 6-0 LaLiga victory at Alavés was marred by a terrible ankle injury to Vidal.
Barcelona boss Luis Enrique says Los Azulgranas are "devastated" after Aleix Vidal suffered a serious injury in Saturday's 6-0 LaLiga win at Alavés.
Alavés thumping marred by gruesome injury
Strikes from Luis Suárez (2), Neymar, Leo Messi and Ivan Rakitic, in addition to an own goal by Alexis Ruano, saw Barça earn a big victory at Mendizorroza.
"We knew right away"
"We knew right away he'd done himself real damage," explained Luis Enrique after the game. "It's a real shame for the player, for the team and for Barça.
"Let's hope he has a good recovery; I'm sure he will," he continued.
"He's in very good hands"
"In footballing terms and as far as the team's display goes, the impressions [of the match] are very good. But we're devastated about what happened to Aleix.
"It isn't nice seeing a player suffer a serious injury. [But] he's in very good hands."
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS At what age can you collect Social Security?
- Health What is ‘Golden Blood’, the incredibly rare blood type known as Rhnull
- ALFREDO RELAÑO LaLiga's conundrum in trying to schedule match-day 21
- NFL Divisional round predictions: Bengals vs Titans, 49ers vs Packers, Rams vs Bucs, Bills vs Chiefs
- NFL LA Rams' QB Matthew Stafford is ready to play the Bucs
- COPA DEL REY Athletic Club vs Barcelona summary: score, goals, highlights, Copa del Rey 2021-22