Barcelona left "devastated" by Aleix Vidal injury - Luis Enrique
The Barça head coach spoke to the media after his side's 6-0 LaLiga victory at Alavés was marred by a terrible ankle injury to Vidal.
Barcelona boss Luis Enrique says Los Azulgranas are "devastated" after Aleix Vidal suffered a serious injury in Saturday's 6-0 LaLiga win at Alavés.
Alavés thumping marred by gruesome injury
Strikes from Luis Suárez (2), Neymar, Leo Messi and Ivan Rakitic, in addition to an own goal by Alexis Ruano, saw Barça earn a big victory at Mendizorroza.
"We knew right away"
"We knew right away he'd done himself real damage," explained Luis Enrique after the game. "It's a real shame for the player, for the team and for Barça.
"Let's hope he has a good recovery; I'm sure he will," he continued.
"He's in very good hands"
"In footballing terms and as far as the team's display goes, the impressions [of the match] are very good. But we're devastated about what happened to Aleix.
"It isn't nice seeing a player suffer a serious injury. [But] he's in very good hands."
Recommended in English
- NFL Wide receiver to wide back, the evolution being driven by the 49ers Deebo Samuel
- NFL Playoff Power Rankings: Packers, Rams, Chiefs | NFL Playoffs
- NFL NFL Wild Card Review: Games, Conclusions and Reflections
- AFCON Guinea-Bissau vs Nigeria: AFCON, times, TV and how to watch online
- AFCON AFCON Group D matchday preview: Egypt vs Sudan and Guinea-Bissau vs Nigeria
- Middleton admits Bucks need a Holiday from sorry slide as Grizzlies come into view