Kane hat-trick fires Spurs into FA Cup quarter-finals
Fulham's bid to join Lincoln and Millwall as FA Cup giant-killers fell flat as Harry Kane eased Tottenham to a regulation win to send Mauricio Pochettino's men into Sunday's draw.
An impressive hat-trick from Harry Kane eased Tottenham to a comprehensive 3-0 victory over Fulham in the fifth round of the FA Cup on Sunday.
The visitors came into the game at Craven Cottage off the back of disappointing defeats to Liverpool and Gent, but they made a strong start and deservedly took the lead when Kane converted Christian Eriksen's low cross in the 16th minute.
The same combination of playmaker and striker successfully unlocked the home defence again early in the second half, Kane applying the neat, close-range finish.
And the third arrived 17 minutes from time, Alli supplying the through-ball and Kane timing his run perfectly before calmly finding the net to take his tally for the season to 19 in all competitions.
Pochettino keeps the faith
Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino opted to start with seven members of the side who began the game against Liverpool last weekend and they ultimately proved far too strong for Slavisa Jokanovic's men, who occupy eighth place in the Championship.
Starved of possession and unable to counter Tottenham's impressive movement, the hosts rarely looked capable of securing the upset that would have seen them reach the last eight for the first time since 2010.
Instead it was the Premier League side who cruised to what was just their third away win since the end of September, but their fourth in as many visits to Craven Cottage.
Semi-final of the FA Cup between: Chelsea vs Manchester United
Key Opta stats
- Kane has scored nine times in nine games in 2017 for Spurs (all comps).
- Kane has netted 20 goals in his last 22 London derbies in all competitions for Tottenham Hotspur. This was his first hat-trick in a London derby however.
- Christian Eriksen registered his 10th and 11th assist of the campaign for Tottenham (all comps), five more than any other player has for the club this season.
- Four of Eriksen's last six assists for Spurs have been for Harry Kane goals.
- Since beating Spurs 4-0 in the FA Cup in 2011, Fulham have scored just four times in seven games against them.
- Spurs have progressed from 13 of their last 14 FA Cup ties against teams from lower down the pyramid.
Te recomendamos en English
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash
- OLYMPICS Team USA will require vaccinations for Winter Olympics hopefuls
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano: what will happen when the lava reaches the Atlantic Ocean?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Why have some parents not received the Child Tax Credit payment; how to claim it?
- Leagues Cup Final Seattle Sounders vs. Club León live updates: scores, stats, and updates | Leagues Cup Final
- Towns stunned after Timberwolves fire president of basketball ops