Alves: "Ramos didn't do that much at Sevilla to demand so much respect"
The current Juventus player spoke to Spanish daily ABC and reflected on former Sevilla team-mate Sergio Ramos and his time at the club.
Follow the Sevilla vs Leicetser coverage online
Brazilian defender Dani Alves spoke to Spanish daily ABC and reflected on many aspects of the defender's playing career.
The current Juve player also reflected on his time sharing a dressing room with Sergio Ramos at Sevilla FC. Alves was adamant that the taunts the player received on his return visits to the Sanchez Pizjuan are out of order: "I thing it's totally wrong that Ramos is subjected to insults, but at the same time he may not be in a position to make these demands from the fans regarding respect".
The Brazilian feels that there is a simple explanation behind the treatment dished out to the Real Madrid captain on return games at the Sanchez Pizjuan from sectors of the home fans: "Just a few days before morning to Real Madrid, Ramos declared eternal love for Sevilla and that is the root problem of the ire that the fans hold towards Ramos. He's still hostage to those words".
Alves concluded: "Ramos to be frank didn't achieve that much at Sevilla to not celebrate goals or to ask for forgiveness when scoring. I was there for six years and won plenty of titles".
Read more of Dani Alves' interview for ABC here:
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS At what age can you collect Social Security?
- Health What is ‘Golden Blood’, the incredibly rare blood type known as Rhnull
- ALFREDO RELAÑO LaLiga's conundrum in trying to schedule match-day 21
- NFL Divisional round predictions: Bengals vs Titans, 49ers vs Packers, Rams vs Bucs, Bills vs Chiefs
- NFL LA Rams' QB Matthew Stafford is ready to play the Bucs
- COPA DEL REY Athletic Club vs Barcelona summary: score, goals, highlights, Copa del Rey 2021-22