Simone Zaza: "I don't know if it's official but I think I'm staying"
The Italian made his tenth appearance for Valencia in today's 1-1 draw against Sporting, triggering a clause which obliges the Spanish club to buy him outright from Juventus.
Simone Zaza said that he hopes he has triggered the clause in his loan contract which will make him officially a Valencia player but he has had no word from the club. The Italian centre-forward started this afternoon's league game against Sporting de Gijón - his 10th appearance for the Spanish outfit and one which triggers a clause which obliges Valencia to purchase him outright from Juventus for 16 million euros.
Zaza keen to stay at Valencia
Speaking after today's 1-1 draw, Zaza said: "I'd like to stay here, not just this season, for for many years to come". The player added that he couldn't remember for certain what was in the small print of his loan contract. "Whatever happens, I want to continue playing here and I think the fans want me to stay", he continued.
One of the stipulations in Zaza's contract is that Valencia do not get relegated to La Liga 1|2|3. Today's draw means Valencia miss the chance to move into 12th place, but Voro's team are 11 points clear of the drop zone, ahead of Granada's game against Atlético later this evening. "All of us want to win but today we were a bit nervous", Zaza said. "It's not about luck, I don't believe in that; it's about precision - we created a lot of chances but we need to be putting them away".
Follow Barcelona vs Valencia coverage | LaLiga Santander
- Roque Mesa1007Passes
*Update 11 de marzo de 2017
Te recomendamos en English
- Child Tax Credit Child Tax Credit 2021: when is the deadline to opt out from August payment?
- US NEWS What public pools are open in summer 2021 in Los Angeles?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 28 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Why is Russia called ROC at the 2021 Tokyo Olympics?
- CORONAVIRUS What are the new CDC mask guidelines for schools?
- OLYMPICS USA played with freedom in bounce-back Iran victory – Kevin Durant