Djokovic edges Del Potro as Federer, Nadal set up rematch
Roger Federer and Rafa Nadal set up a repeat of the Australian Open final as Novak Djokovic won a tough match against Juan Martín del Potro.
Novak Djokovic remains on track to retain his title at the BNP Paribas Open as four-times champion Roger Federer and three-time winner Rafa Nadal set up a last-16 clash at Indian Wells.
Three-time defending champion Djokovic came through his test on Tuesday, beating Juan Martin del Potro 7-5 4-6 6-1.
The Serbian second seed will face Nick Kyrgios, who beat Alexander Zverev in a battle of young talents, in the loaded quarter of the draw at the ATP 1000 event.
The winner of that encounter takes on either Federer or Nadal in a quarter-final after the two greats advanced.
Djokovic outguns Delpo
Djokovic was always going to be pushed by Del Potro, but he managed to fight out a three-set victory.
The Serbian showed some improved form, particularly when it mattered, as Del Potro won just three return points in the deciding set.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and Child Tax Credit live updates: can it be passed in August? Dates, tax return, opt-out...
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 3 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Tokyo Olympics: Warholm breaks own record of 46-second in 400 m hurdle gold run
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS How many Olympic medals has Simone Biles? What's her position in US historical ranking?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics: Belarus must answer to IOC over Tsimanouskaya saga
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics Recap: Warholm hurdles into history, Durant inspires USA into basketball semis