"When Piqué and Ramos are here, they play for the same team"
The national team coach spoke to Movistar+ and was anxious to put behind him the comments made by Pedro during Euro 2016.
Julen Lopetegui analysed the latest situation with the Spanish team in an interview with Nacho Sierra from Movistar+. The coach dodged no questions and was happy to reflect on the apparent tension between Sergio Ramos and Piqué on social media sites and on Pedro's comments during last summer's Euro 2016 competition.
Piqué and Ramos: "We joke about this situation and tell them to now send tweets wearing the same shirt. They are very loyal to their respective club sides but when they arrive here to play for Spain they are 100% dedicated to the same cause and make a great team".
Pedro's comments: "That is all in the past. everyone can make a mistake and he's playing so well now. I have every faith in him contributing to the good of the team".
Israel, Friday's opponents: "We know the potential of Israel and need to be on our toes. They have just one point less than we do in the group and are well organised and good technically".
Follow the coverage match of World Cup 2018 qualifier : Spain vs Israel
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness
- Coronavirus When would it be necessary to have the third covid-19 vaccine?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: track and field, Caeleb Dressel, medal count, results, today 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES "Pressure is a privilege" - Djokovic on Biles and Osaka
- OLYMPIC GAMES Swimming: El Salvador's Celina Márquez departs Olympics