Neymar sniper celebration for Brazil could mean Fifa sanctions
The Barcelona superstar scored the second of Brazil's three goals against Paraguay and chose to celebrate with a gun-toting pose which may land him in trouble.
Following his goal against Paraguay in Brazil's 3-0 World Cup qualifiying win, Barcelona star Neymar chose to celebrate by taking the corner flag out of the ground, kneeling down and using the pole to simulate shooting a gun.
Sniper Cavani punished, Neymar not
The Brazilian, who many claim is one of the hottest properties around this year, scored the second of his side's three goals and as yet we are not clear what the reason for his celebration was. What we do know is that Edison Cavani did a similar act and was booked for it - which was followed by another yellow for protesting about it - while playing for PSG against Lens.
Some people have suggested that Neymar should have at least seen a yellow card for removing the corner flag (which is covered in refereeing advice on the laws of the game) or under the Fifa guidance of "unnecessary and excessive display of celebration".
Fifa response unknown after Messi ban
For many, it was a harmless and fun way to enjoy the moment and something that should be encouraged but we await to see if any action will be taken for his celebration which would mar a fantastic night for the country that was first to book its place in World Cup 2018. But after seeing the post-match reaction to Messi, it is difficult to predict what Fifa will do.
Te recomendamos en English
- EMMY AWARDS What's the difference between an Emmy and an Oscar award?
- US NEWS Body found in Wyoming fits the description of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito
- NFL Cleveland Browns safety Ronnie Harrison Jr. fined for a push
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs 35 vs Baltimore Ravens 36 summary: score, stats, and highlights | Week 2
- NFL The New Orleans Saints slump to defeat against Carolina Panthers
- NFL NY Jets QB Zach Wilson throws 4 interceptions in loss to Patriots