Cristiano Ronaldo attended a ceremony in his native Funchal on Wednesday as the island’s airport was officially renamed in his honour, alongside Portuguese president Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa and the president of the regional government of Madeira, Miguel Albuquerque.
Ronaldo "honoured and happy"
Ronaldo said he was “honoured and happy” to lend his name to the island’s airport, and that would he would continue to “dignify Portugal and particularly Madeira” in his position as a global role model.
During the ceremony, a bust of Ronaldo was unveiled that did little to dignify the Portugal captain and that subsequently caused much amusement on social media.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother