Sadio Mané: Liverpool ace injured in derby win over Everton
The Senegalese forward, who opened the scoring at Anfield, had to be taken off after an hour of Saturday's Premier League clash.
Liverpool lost Senegal international forward Sadio Mané to injury during Saturday afternoon's 3-1 Premier League victory over Merseyside rivals Everton.
Mané's left leg buckled beneath him as he attempted to block a clearance from Everton left-back Leighton Baines shortly before the hour at Anfield.
Mané forced off after an hour of Liverpool's derby win
After receiving treatment, the 24-year-old collapsed to the ground as he limped towards the touchline, before Divock Origi came on in his place.
Mané had broken the deadlock early on with his 13th league goal of the season, with Philippe Coutinho then restoring the hosts' lead after Matthew Pennington's leveller for the Toffees.
Origi completed the scoring shortly after coming on to see the Reds move provisionally up to third place in the English top flight.
Te recomendamos en English
- TENNIS Federer "feels strong" after knee surgery
- UFC McGregor's first pitch at Wrigley nearly a knockout
- US NEWS Autopsy confirms remains found in Grand Teton Park are Gabby Petito's
- Browns place Landry on IR with sprained MCL
- NBA Brooklyn Nets GM Marks on NYC vaccine mandate and high expectations: "We're ready"
- NBA 15-year NBA veteran JJ Redick announces retirement