By opening the scoring in Athletic's 1-2 triumph over Osasuna on Saturday, Aritz Aduriz reached the landmark of one hundred La Liga goals for Athletic Club. The towering striker took 239 matches to get there.
Valencia is Aduriz' stomping ground
The 36 year old has enjoyed a renaissance in the last couple of years. This season, he has scored 12 times as Athletic go in search of European football. Levante and Valencia have been his favourite victims over the years; Aduriz has notched nine times against the rivals.
Messi and Ronaldo the only current players ahead
The target man has scored a total of 140 goals in La Liga, having also turned out for Valladolid, Mallorca, and Valencia. This tally places him as the 23rd highest scorer in La Liga history. In terms of those still playing at the moment, he is in third place, behind Lionel Messi (337 goals) and Cristiano Ronaldo (279 goals).
At Athletic, Aduriz is the 11th highest scorer, but tenth-placed Julen Guerrero is well within his sights, on 101 goals.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother