Rodrigo Bentancur was in Turin on Monday to undergo a medical before completing a move from Boca Juniors to Italian champions Juventus. The move was first arranged in the summer of 2015 when Carlos Tevez left Juve to move back to Boca. Juventus inserted a clause into the deal that handed them a purchase option on Bentancur that had to be activated by April 20, 2017.
The 19-year-old midfielder, who has been drawing praise for his performances in Buenos Aires, will join Juve for a reported fee of 9.5 million euros on a five-year contract. According to Sky Italia, Boca managed to secure a sell-on percentage for any future transfer of the player, although the Old Lady’s intention is to develop his career in Turin.
Gazzetta dello Sport termed the signing of Bentancur as “a key part of Juventus’ future.” Bentancur will be eligible to play for Juventus next season and his performances for Uruguay’s under-20 side have already led to great expectations in Italy.
Te recomendamos en English
- El Clásico Who is José María Sánchez Martínez, the referee for El Clásico 2021 Barcelona - Real Madrid?
- LALIGA Barcelona vs Real Madrid: injured and sanctioned players for El Clásico 2021
- Serie A Allegri dubs Inter title favourites ahead of Derby d'Italia
- NBA Nash cheers Nets first win: "It'll take a while, it won't be pretty"
- MLB Astros never doubted they would beat Red Sox admits Baker
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers