Team news: Anderlecht vs Manchester United in the Europa League: De Gea doesn't start
Jose Mourinho opts for Sergio Romero in goals instead of David de Gea while Luke Shaw drops to the bench too as Manchester United face Anderlecht in the Europa League
Manchester United play Anderlecht in the Europa League in Belgium on Thursday night as they keep their options open regarding Champions League qualification. Their hopes of making the elite European competition through the Premier League remains in the blanace but a surefire way of achieving their goal is to win the Europa League. And the journey to that goal continues tonight.
Anderlecht's side includes some of the more exciting talents coming out of Belgian football including club captain and 19-year-old Youri Tielemans. Leander Dendoncker also starts after being scouted by Manchester United in the past.
Jose Mourinho opts for Sergio Romero in goals again as David de Gea drops to the bench. It is not a huge surprise as the Spaniard has played on three games in Europe this season, and they came at the very start of the year. Meanwhile, Luke Shaw does not start despite his recent resurgence under Mourinho despite some mix messages in the media that caused confusion as to where he stands. Jesse Lingard will celebrate his new contract with a start and Marcus Rashford will look to use his pace to create chances for himself and others in United's attack.
Manchester United XI: Romero, Valencia, Darmian, Bailly, Rojo, Carrick, Pogba, Lingard, Mkhitaryan, Rashford, Ibrahimovic.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid possible starting line-ups
- SOCCER Barcelona's Piqué talks to El País about retirement, Messi, Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo vows to silence critics and win trophies at Manchester United
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves commentary, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands