Barcelona confirm interest in re-signing Gerard Deulofeu
Robert Fernandez, sporting director at Barça, has made it clear that they may trigger the 12 million-euro clause to allow the Spanish international to return after great form in Milan.
The sporting director at Barcelona, Robert Fernández spoke to Spanish station TV3 and confirmed that the club are “seriously contemplating the option to bring back Gerard Deulofeu to play for Barça next season”.
Barça 12-million buyback option
Deulofeu, currently playing for AC Milan, joined Premier League club Everton in 2015 for six million euros. As part of the contract agreement there were various clauses built in, one of which would allow the selling club to re-sign the Spaniard for 12 million euros. This option looked less and less likely as the player's clear potential was not being realised at the Merseyside club. This resulted in Deulofeu being loaned out to the Milan outfit in the January 2017 transfer window.
Serie A not Premier League form
Since arriving in Serie A though, the attacker's form has blossomed - two goals and three assists in 13 games - which, as well as pleasing the eyes of the Rossoneri fans, caught the eye of new Spain national team manager who called him up for the recent set of Fifa matches. The 23-year old is now certainly on the radar of the Blaugranas as they look to refresh their squad again after a turbulent season.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Pentagon placed on lockdown after shots fired near Metro station
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics 2021: Durant demands gold as USA beat Spain
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS Can Simone Biles participate at Paris 2024 Olympics or will she retire earlier?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Asensio's extra-time winner puts Spain into the final
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics Recap: Warholm hurdles into history, Durant inspires USA into basketball semis
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Recap: Biles takes bronze, Thompson-Herah makes history