Tiago: "I wasn't born an Atlético fan but I will die one"
The midfielder, who returned against Osasuna at the weekend after four months out, told Récord: "I was really pleased at how the fans and my team mates received me".
Tiago made his return to the Atlético first team on Saturday, four months after suffering pains to his knee during a league meeting with Villarreal. The Portuguese player came on for Fernando Torres on 71 minutes with the team cruising 3-0 against Osasuna. He told Portuguese daily Diario Récord that the sensations on his comeback were positive. "I'm filled with happiness to be back. I didn't have any problems with my knee and I really enjoyed the weclome back I was given by the fans and my team mates. Experiencing that moment was incredible", he explained.
Tiago given hero's welcome back by the Calderón
In unison, the Calderón chanted his name at the start of the second half when he was spotted warming up on the touchline with Griezmann and Savic: "Tiagooo, Tiagooo, Tiagooo...". And there was a huge roar from the stands when he replaced Torres for the last 20 minutes.
"I can't hide it. Atlético has touched my heart corazón and I am going to be an Atlético for the rest of my life. What I have experienced here is different to what I've been through at any of the clubs I've played for. I wasn't born a Rojiblanco, but I will as one", he said.
- Roque Mesa1007Passes
*Update 17 de abril de 2017
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL | PACKERS Rodgers: Packers Super Bowl contenders after 49ers win
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES What’s the latest on the NYC DOE covid-19 vaccine mandate?
- US NEWS What caused the Amtrak train derailment?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Ansu Fati returns to Barcelona after long layoff
- NFL Mahomes talks after Kansas City Chief's 30-24 defeat to Los Angeles Chargers
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ancelotti on Sheriff, Modric, Kroos, Zidane, Mendy