Atlético Madrid’s training session today brought good news for Diego Simeone; Sime Vrsaljko returned to training following a knee injury sustained in the victory over Sevilla one month ago.
Juanfran's injury makes it a timely return
The full back took to the turf with the protection of a knee support, and is not yet at full fitness. Yet, his ongoing recovery will be a relief for ‘El Cholo’, after Juanfran suffered a thigh injury in the 1-1 draw with Leicester on Tuesday. As one full back is consigned to the treatment table, another makes a timely return.
Espanyol game comes too soon
Despite Vrsaljko’s return to the training pitch, Simeone will have to field a makeshift right back for the match against Espanyol on Saturday.
Stefan Savic is the favourite to shift out wide, having played that position on numerous occasions for the Montenegro national team. José Maria Giménez has also played there when called upon.
- Roque Mesa1007Passes
*Update 20 de abril de 2017
Te recomendamos en English
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth
- SCIENCE NEWS When will the Sun die?
- NFL Odell Beckham Jr. close to return for Cleveland Browns
- NFL New York Jets' Zach Wilson reflects on his disastrous 'four interceptions' game
- NFL New York Giants' Nick Gates in good spirits while facing an uncertain future