The 300 mark
Barring any last-minute surprises or changes to the starting eleven, Filipe Luis is set to play his 300th game in Spain's top flight on Saturday evening. Despite fracturing his right hand against Leicester City in the Champions League, the Atlético Madrid left-back is due to line up against Espanyol (20:45 CET) as Simeone's side look to further enhance their position in the top four.
Filipe has reached the milestone in Spain with two clubs, Deportivo La Coruña and Atlético. Of the 299 matches he has played so far, 111 have been for the Galician club and 188 for Los Rojiblancos, with his record reading: 157 victories, 62 draws and 80 defeats, in which he has scored 12 times, picked up 50 bookings and been sent off on four occasions.
An Atlético stalwart
The Brazilian defender is also going through a purple patch in front of goal: three goals in his last four league games. Moreover, he is one of Simeone's most trusted 'soldiers', playing in 41 games this season, all as a starter, in a total of 3,634 minutes. Only Griezmann (3.873’) and Koke (3.987’) have played more.
- Roque Mesa1007Passes
*Update 22 de abril de 2017
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA Gymnastics Women's Team Finals: participants, format, scoring
- TOKYO OLYMPICS Simone Biles’ family life: who are her parents and boyfriend?
- OLYMPICS | GYMNASTICS What is Simone Biles' net worth?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 27 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Olympic Games: what are the 100m and 200m world records?
- US NEWS Are stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit payments leading to an increase in inflation?