It didn’t take long for a controversial decision to occur in Sunday’s Clásico in the Bernabéu. Before two minutes had elapsed Cristiano Ronaldo was brought down in the area under a challenge from Barça’s Samuel Umtiti in the first attack of the game.
Ronaldo penalty appeal waved away
Sergio Ramos fired a ball out to Dani Carvajal on the right and the Spain international centred for Ronaldo, who attempted to touch the ball around the France international, who stuck in a leg and appeared to make no contact with the ball.
Match referee Alejandro José Hernández Hernández ignored the protests of the Portuguese and his teammates and signaled play on. However, former referee and AS contributor Iturralde González said on Spanish radio station Cadena SER that a penalty should have awarded.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds