Parejo abused by Madrid fans as he entered the Bernabéu
Valencia midfielder Dani Parejo, an Atléti sympathiser, scored against Real Madrid on Saturday to momentarily put Los Blancos' title challenge in doubt.
Valencia midfielder Dani Parejo was abused by Real Madrid fans as he made his way in to the Bernabéu to watch the Champions League semi-final against Atlético.
Parejo scored against Madrid on Saturday
Parejo, who came through the ranks at Real Madrid, scored a superb free-kick at the Bernabéu on Saturday, to momentarily draw Valencia level, before Marcelo restored Los Blancos' lead.
Nonetheless, his strike had Zidane's side anxious for a short while. Madrid have little margin for error in the La Liga title race, with Barcelona looking to take advantage of any slip-ups.
Madridistas: 'You nearly lost us the league!'
The one-time Queens Park Rangers midfielder was greeted by shouts of 'you nearly lost us the league', as he entered the Bernabéu.
Although he emerged through the Real Madrid C and Real Madrid Castilla route, Parejo has previously confessed his fondness for Atlético. As a result, his presence at the Champions League semi-final did not go down well.
Recommended in English
- Coronavirus Is armpit pain after the covid vaccine or booster shot a normal symptom?
- SOCCER Mohamed Salah sends message to Barcelona
- MLS Jesse Marsch linked to LAFC job after being sacked by RB Leipzig
- USMNT Christian Pulisic explains struggle on the road to recovery
- MANCHESTER UNITED Man United manager Rangnick delivers a 'chapeau' to Ronaldo work-rate
- NBA Did the Bucks' Giannis Antetokounmpo miss the game against Miami Heat?