Manchester City: Nolito suggests he could leave in summer
Winger Nolito, who has made just one start for City in 2017 has told an interview with radio broadcaster Onda Cero: "We'll see what happens".
Out-of-favour Manchester City winger Nolito has hinted at an end-of-season departure from the Etihad Stadium in an interview on radio station Onda Cero.
Nolito has hardly featured for Man City in 2017
Having made a promising start in England after an 18m-euro summer move from Celta Vigo, he has fallen down the pecking order at City since the turn of the year.
Indeed, boss Pep Guardiola has handed the Spain cap just 39 minutes of Premier League action in 2017, with Raheem Sterling, Leroy Sané and Jesús Navas preferred.
"When I signed, I knew I wasn't guaranteed to play and my team-mates on the wing are doing very well," he told the programme 'El Transistor' on Wednesday.
Nolito: "We'll see what happens"
"Since December I practically haven't played at all," the 30-year-old Andalusian went on. "And I'm not the type of person to be at a club where I don't play."
"We'll see what happens," said Nolito, whose only start this year came in the FA Cup at Huddersfield. "I'm a positive guy and always think the best is yet to come."
"When you don't play much, it becomes a tough season for you. I haven't spoken to Guardiola about the reasons [for playing less]."
Optimistic over Celta chances against Manchester United
Nolito also looked ahead to Celta's Europa League semi-final with Manchester United, backing his former club to give City's neighbours a tough tie.
"Celta have a really good team, and they can beat United," he declared.
The Galicians host José Mourinho's men at Balaídos in the sides' last-four first leg on Thursday evening (21:05 CEST).
- Diego Costa13Goals
*Update 4 de mayo de 2017
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS In which states did unemployment claims increase last week?
- CONSTITUTION DAY When was the US Constitution signed?
- US NEWS How will Biden respond to the wave of migrants gathered under a Texas bridge?
- NFL New York Giants 29 vs 33 Washington Football Team summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2
- NFL Nick Gates breaks leg, New York Giants offensive linesman suffers fracture vs Washington
- MLB Angels’ Ohtani’s arm sore, may miss rest of season as pitcher