German daily Der Spiegel has published a further raft of documents obtained by Football Leaks uncovering the details of Real Madrid’s contract with sports retail giants Adidas.
Real Madrid to receive €100m annually
The paperwork provided by Football Leaks reveals that Adidas have committed to pay the Bernabéu one billion euros between 2015 and 2024. Annually, Real Madrid will receive a fixed payment of 70 million euros plus 22.5 percent of all sales of Real Madrid branded merchandise made by Adidas, which amounts to around 30 million euros per year.
Adidas to pay bonuses for Real title successes
There are also a series of incentives for the Liga club: if Real Madrid win the league Adidas will cough up 2.5 million euros, rising to 3.5 million after 2020. For a Real triumph in the Champions League the sponsor will pay five million euros, rising to seven million after 2020.
In return, Adidas have secured the right to organize Real Madrid’s traditional title celebrations at the Cibeles fountain in central Madrid in order to position their brand front and centre for maximum exposure.
Der Spiegel also revealed that the previous contact between Madrid and Adidas, signed in 2011, included a 40 million euro up-front payment “in cash” into the Bernabéu’s coffers.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- OTHER SPORTS Oleksandr Usyk vs Anthony Joshua: A fight for the ages
- WOMEN IN SPORTS Women athletes urge Supreme Court to protect abortion rights
- AFGHANISTAN Why are Afghan women judges in hiding in Afghanistan and how are they being protected?
- NFL Dolphins QB Tagovailoa “day-to-day” after Sunday’s rib injury
- NFL Detroit Lions 17 vs 35 Green Bay Packers summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2