Atleti train with Giménez and Juanfran as Real game looms
The rojiblanco defenders are both making headway for a return against Real Madrid in the second leg of their Champions League semi-final on Wednesday.
A plus for El Cholo
Diego Simeone has been given a much-needed boost ahead of Atlético Madrid's return leg of the Champions League semi-final against crosstown rivals Real Madrid on Wednesday (20:45 CET). Sunday's training session saw both Juanfran and José Giménez train with the rest of the rojiblanco squad. In fact, Atleti's indispensable right-back trained last week and El Cholo hinted that the Spain defender could be passed fit to face Real Madrid in the first leg at the Santiago Bernabéu.
Giménez pushes hard to make it
In fact, Juan Vizcaíno, a member of Atlético's technical team, asked Giménez to ease up in certain aspects of the training session, and was concerned the Uruguayan defender was going to aggravate his injury. The first-team players who secured Atlético's narrow 1-0 at home to Eibar on Saturday all worked in the gym to recover from their exertions and now turn their attentions towards Wednesday's tie.
Atlético Madrid have an uphill task facing them as they look to turn around a 3-0 deficit, which surprised many, at the Vicente Calderón.
Te recomendamos en English
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Can Child Tax Credit payments affect my tax return in 2022?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Who is Laurel Hubbard? Meet the transgender athlete breaking barriers at the Tokyo Olympics
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: JuVaughn Harrison, Jennifer Gadirova | medal count, results, today 1 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK California Golden State stimulus check: when is the new payment coming?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August