Leo Messi voted LaLiga player of the month for April
New Malaga had coach Michel scooped the "Manager of the month" prize with Getafe's Jorge Molina awarded the second tier player of the month accolade.Ecuador-Argentina
With eight goals from seven LaLiga fixtures for his FC Barcelona side during the month of April, the Rosario born striker has been named as the player of the month by LaLiga writers. Messi's last minute El Clasico winner also put the Catalan side back into title contention as Luis Enrique's men top the table coming into the last two match-days, albeit rivals Real Madrid having a game in hand.
Michel scoops award
Despite a slow start with the Costa del Sol outfit, April was a positive month for the José Miguel Martínez González del Campo's (Michel) side culminating in a win over current LaLiga title holders FC Barcelona at La Rosaleda. Malaga won four game s from six and in the process guaranteed top flight status for the 2017/18 campaign.
Getafe and Rayo awarded
Getafe's Jorge Molina scooped the player of the month prize in the second division as Getafe dominate play-off position in their quest for a direct return to LaLiga whilst former Rayo legend Michel is awarded for the positive results under his guidance steering "Los Franirojos" away from the drop zone since taking over from Baraja.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Atlético Madrid: Trippier has his future mapped out
- NFL Buffalo Bills 31 vs Tennessee Titans 34 summary: score, stats, and highlights | NFL Week 6
- MLB Boston Red Sox annihilate Houston Astros in Game 3
- NFL NFL week 6 highlights: scores, updates, big wins and losses
- USMNT Gio Reyna could miss November international break
- NBA LeBron discusses injuries ahead of Lakers-Warriors clash