Kuyt hat-trick helps Feyenoord win first Eredivisie title in 18 years
After 18 years without winning the title, Feyenoord have ended their wait to seal Eredivisie glory.
Feyenoord have been crowned Eredivisie champions for the first time in 18 years, sealing the title with a 3-1 home victory over Heracles, Dirk Kuyt scoring a hat-trick. And at the end of the game they celebrated like it was 1999.
Feyenoord led from start to finish
Giovanni van Bronckhorst's men have been top of the league since matchday one and came into the final day of the season one point clear of closest rivals Ajax, who were playing away to Willem II at the same time.
That meant Feyenoord, who missed their first chance to win the title by losing to Excelsior last week, had to match Ajax's result to be crowned champions and did just that by beating Heracles courtesy of three goals from captain Kuyt.
Captain Kuyt the goal-grabber
Kuyt's first goal came after just 38 seconds and his 12th-minute header put Feyenoord in a dominant position.
The home side then wrapped up the victory when Kuyt scored a penalty with six minutes to play, with Peter van Ooijen's consolation coming too late for Heracles. As a result, Europa League finalists Ajax's 3-1 win over Willem II was in vain.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother