While Atlético Madrid await the decision of the Court of Arbitration for Sport over the club’s transfer ban appeal, which is due before the summer market opens for business on July 1, manager Diego Simeone and the club’s technical staff are already combing the market for reinforcements.
Suso on Atlético's radar
On Monday Italian daily Tuttosport put forward the name of AC Milan’s Spanish midfielder Suso as a potential replacement on the left of Atlético’s midfield for Nico Gaitán, who has failed to live up to expectations at the Vicente Calderón and may be moved on in the summer.
Manchester United back to Oblak
Meanwhile in the Premier League, Manchester United and Arsenal are considering new signings to bolster their defences and have set their sights on José María Giménez, Atleti’s Uruguay international centre back. United have also been credited with an interest in Jan Oblak, whose minimum release clause stands at 100 million euros.
Te recomendamos en English
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- MLB Braves vs. Astros commentary, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- NFL Report: Cardinals DE J.J. Watt could miss rest of season
- NFL Who plays Thursday night football?
- NBA Lakers outclassed in Oklahoma in a night of NBA surprises