Atlético de Madrid are still waiting for the Court of Abitration for Sport to reach a decision concerning the transfer ban imposed by FIFA last September. In the meantime, the club cannot make any headway in the transfer markets like other clubs but that hasn't stopped them from making enquiries for players. One area that Atleti want to strengthen is the midfield and they hope to be able to bring in two players if the ban is eventually lifted. One of the options on the table is Torino's Daniele Baselli. Atlético's technical department have made enquiries about the 25-year-old situation. Baselli, who joined Torino from Atalanta in 2015 is a key player in Sinisa Mihajlovic's side.
No agreement reached with Baselli over new Torino contract
Torino have handed Baselli an offer to renew his contract with the club until 2022, but as of the moment, no agreement has been reached. The player's existing deal is due to expire in 2019. Atlético have been impressed by Baselli's versatility - he is a player who can comfortably fit into any of the midfield positions although strictly speaking, he favoured role is in the holding midfielder position. His 800,000 euro salary is within Atleti's budget. Baselli representatives have told Atlético to join the queue, which includes Roma, Lazio, Inter and Milan, who have also made approaches for the player.
Te recomendamos en English
- TENNIS Federer "feels strong" after knee surgery
- UFC McGregor's first pitch at Wrigley nearly a knockout
- US NEWS Autopsy confirms remains found in Grand Teton Park are Gabby Petito's
- Browns place Landry on IR with sprained MCL
- NBA Brooklyn Nets GM Marks on NYC vaccine mandate and high expectations: "We're ready"
- NBA 15-year NBA veteran JJ Redick announces retirement