Iñaki Williams a doubt for Atlético match
Athletic Bilbao's Williams is a doubt for the final LaLiga match at the Vicente Calderón, after picking up a knee injury in the draw against Leganés.
Iñaki Williams is a doubt for Athletic Club’s visit to Madrid for the final LaLiga match at the Vicente Calderón, against Atlético.
Williams suffered knock against Leganés
The flying winger trained apart from the rest of Ernesto Valverde’s squad on Wednesday, as they returned to training ahead of the match against Atlético on Sunday.
Williams suffered a blow to his left knee as Athletic drew 1-1 with Leganés at San Mamés, as the Madrid-based outfit secured their LaLiga status for another year. He struggled on until the 65th minute, when he was replaced by Markel Susaeta.
Valverde has the rest of his Athletic squad available
Ernesto Valverde, heavily-linked with the managerial job at Barcelona, will have the rest of his squad available for the final match of the 2016-17 LaLiga season.
Enric Saborit was unable to play a part against Leganés due to muscular problems, but trained as normal on Wednesday.
Recommended in English
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team
- US NEWS Which fast food restaurants accept EBT food stamps?
- 2022 TAX SEASON Are the tax brackets the same if I am retired?
- NFL Titans could activate RB Derrick Henry ahead of Bengals clash