I really want a title - Sokratis hints at Dortmund departure
Borussia Dortmund's inability to compete for the Bundesliga title has defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos considering his future at the club.
Sokratis Papastathopoulos has hinted he could seek a move away from Borussia Dortmund in a bid to win more titles.
Dortmund had to win on the last day of the Bundesliga season to guarantee a place in the Champions League, finishing the season 18 points behind Bayern Munich as they retained the title.
Sokratis and Dortmund will have a chance to end the campaign on a high in Saturday's DFB-Pokal final against Eintracht Frankfurt, but the centre-back suggested he could leave the club.
No longer young
"I want to play until I'm 33 or 34," Sokratis told WAZ.de. "But I have not thought about whether this will be here or elsewhere. After the end of the season there is enough time to think about the future.
"There is something I have been missing. If you are young, you have a lot of time to get something. But I'm no longer young, I've got a lot of time for myself - and I really want to win a title.
"However, it is too early to talk about the new season. In the summer, so much can happen, players go, players come."
Recommended in English
- CRYPTOCURRENCY What are the cryptocurrencies that have increased the most in value this year?
- NBA Lakers' Anthony Davis: "The whole world wants to see us lose"
- NBA 76ers star Embiid suggests Philadelphia NBA MVP bias
- NBA Heat's Kyle Lowry handed ovation on emotional Toronto return
- NBA Warriors head coach Steve Kerr speaks against gun violence after Sacramento Shooting
- NBA Nets coach Steve Nash rules Simmons out of NBA Play-In