There will be no fan zone areas in Cardiff for Real Madrid and Juventus supporters ahead of the Champions League final after a decision has been taken to suspend the traditional meeting points ahead of the June 3 final. The news was confirmed to AS this morning from Cardiff City council and it contradicts information from UEFA who state that the fan zone and Champions Festival will go ahead in Cardiff as planned albeit with higher levels of security in place.
The Real Madrid fan-area was set to be located in Churchill Way, some 15 minutes away from the Principality Stadium, stage for the biggest game in the domestic European football calendar.
High security is anticipated in the Welsh city preceding the match and on Saturday June 3rd some 15.000 officers will on duty in Cardiff.
Te recomendamos en English
- TRAVEL Which countries are in the ‘Level 4: Do not travel' category?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and Child Tax Credit live updates: can it be passed in August? Dates, tax return, opt-out...
- CORONAVIRUS What has Dr Fauci said about the covid-19 Delta variant and lockdowns?
- NFL Nick Foles plays down Colts trade talk: "I'm a Chicago Bear now"
- OLYMPICS GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 03 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Recap: Biles takes bronze, Thompson-Herah makes history