Zidane invites Enzo to train with first team
Real Madrid had their final training session of the week on Saturday at Valdebebas. Los Blancos will have two days of rest before returning to the grind on Tuesday. Zidane invited five Castilla players to take part in that final training session, including his son Enzo. Also called up from the ranks were Lienhart, Tejero, Quezada, and Achraf.
Mbappé praises Madrid coach
Young Frenchman Kylian Mbappé, one of Real Madrid's summer transfer targets, praised Zinedine Zidane while speaking to Eurosport in his home country. The Monaco man, who is still only 18 years old, revealed that "Zidane was the one that made me fall in love with football. I have had many other idols, but really, Zidane was the first." The man in the dugout is not the only figure that Mbappé admires at Real Madrid. He also considers Cristiano Ronaldo to be a role model.
Ronaldo didn't want to leave Madrid
Brazilian striker Ronaldo, who was at the Bernabéu from 2002 to 2007, has revealed that his depature from Madrid was not something he wanted. Speaking to Fox Sports, Ronaldo stated that "I didn't want to leave. I started to have a lot of problems with Capello." He also suggested that his portuguese namesake, Cristiano, should be the winner of the 2017 Balon D'or.
Another Clásico in the Super Cup
Barcelona's victory over Alavés in the Copa del Rey final on Saturday evening sets up a two-legged Clásico in August in the Spanish Super Cup. The competition pits the winner of LaLiga against the winner of the Copa del Rey.
Te recomendamos en English
- UFC UFC 266: Volkanovski's sweary outburst after brutal title defence over Ortega
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight? | TV, time and following games in NFL Week 3
- REAL MADRID Camavinga: "Playing at the 2022 World Cup is a goal for me"
- PSG PSG given Messi boost ahead of Man City Champions League tie
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals break record amid 15-game winning run
- CORONAVIRUS US Where are the Delta variant danger zones?