Jorge Mendes warns Valencia to expect offers for Cancelo
João Cancelo is expected to attract offers this summer, and the Portuguese international has a €30m release clause. Marcelino sees him as an attacking asset.
The ‘case of Cancelo’ has begun in Valencia. Or, at least, it will do this summer.
Jorge Mendes advises that Cancelo offers will come
Following a meeting on Friday in Manchester between Mateo Alemany, José Ramón Alesanco, and Jorge Mendes, Valencia know that formal offers will arrive for João Cancelo in the coming weeks. Cancelo, who can play anywhere on the right flank, has a release clause of €30 million.
Within the club, there is a sense of calm. When a firm offer is made, Valencia will assess the situation and decide how best to proceed.
Marcelino sees Cancelo as an attacker
Marcelino, the new manager at Mestalla, views Cancelo as a fine attacking player. Yet he also sees defensive flaws in his game.
As a result, the former-Real Sociedad boss views Cancelo as more of a winger than a right-sided defender, and he would like to have a more solid player at right-back. If Cancelo were to leave for a reasonable price, it would not constitute an insurmountable loss.
Under 21 Euros could serve as a shop window
For the moment, nothing is set in stone. The transfer window will not open until after the final of the Champions League. For the development of the ‘case of Cancelo’, the Under 21 European Championship will be key.
The player is one of the stars of the Portugal team, and his stock could rise if he has a good tournament.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT When is Adele's '30' album coming out? Where can I listen to it?
- NBA Best paid NBA players in 2021/22 season
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight Week 6? | TV and times
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Newcastle's new owners consider move for Erling Haaland
- SOCCER | PREMIER LEAGUE "Salah has to experience Real Madrid"
- LALIGA SANTANDER Barcelona boosted as Agüero and Fati in squad for Valencia game