Rafa Nadal reached a record-equalling 11th French Open quarter-final on Sunday with a 6-1, 6-2, 6-2 victory over Spanish compatriot Roberto Bautista Agut.
Nadal equals Federer Roland Garros record
Nine-time Roland Garros champion Nadal, who turned 31 on Saturday, equals the mark for last-eight appearances at the tournament held by Roger Federer.
The 14-time major winner has dropped just 20 games in four rounds so far, only one more than he lost at the same stage in 2012.
Carreño Busta up next for Nadal
Fourth seed Nadal will face countryman Pablo Carreño Busta for a place in the semi-finals.
"I'm happy because Roberto is a very good player. It's very important for me to be in the quarter-finals one more time," said Nadal.
Defending champion Novak Djokovic will also become an 11-time quarter-finalist in Paris if he defeats Spain's Albert Ramos-Viñolas later on Sunday.
Follow the quarter final of Roland Garros: Nadal-Carreño
Te recomendamos en English
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card
- MLB The regular season is closing in, and the division champions are not yet decided
- FINANCIAL NEWS Is the Evergrande bankruptcy affecting the US stock market?
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Unemployment benefits: can self-employed workers qualify for a new round of payments?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US: are the new variants more dangerous for children?