Atlético Madrid's Fernando Torres is the focus of the transfer rumour mill in Mexican football. A few days ago, there was reports that Paco Jémez's Cruz Azul were keen to land the 33-year-old at any price. And today, ESPN have named another Mexican outfit who are eager to hire the Atleti striker. Querétaro are reported to have tabled an offer of 10 million dollars (close to 9 million euros) in a two-year deal.
Torres to discuss future with Miguel Ángel Gil this week
Clubs from Mexico and China are the ones who have shown the most interest in Torres, who during the next few days is due to meet Miguel Ángel Gil to discuss his future at Atlético. The player has said that his intention is to remain at the club whether it's for one season or longer, but first he wants to hear what Diego Simeone and the club have in mind for next January's transfer window, after the FIFA transfer ban is lifted and Atlético are able to strengthen their squad.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS In which states did unemployment claims increase last week?
- CONSTITUTION DAY When was the US Constitution signed?
- US NEWS How will Biden respond to the wave of migrants gathered under a Texas bridge?
- NFL New York Giants 29 vs 33 Washington Football Team summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2
- NFL Nick Gates breaks leg, New York Giants offensive linesman suffers fracture vs Washington
- MLB Angels’ Ohtani’s arm sore, may miss rest of season as pitcher