Oblak: "I'm happy at Atletico and I want to continue here"
The Slovenian goalkeeper declared his intention to stay at Atletico Madrid next season but also said that in the transfer market, "you never know"
Jan Oblak has declared his desire to remain at Atletico Madrid despite PSG's reported interested in the shot-stopper. The French side have shown the most interested in recent months but Atletico are keen to review Oblak's contractual situation and feel as though one of the pillars on their team feels the same. His contract expires in 2021 but given his excellent form, a pay rise could be in the works, which would also give Atletico the chance to raise his release clause.
Desire to stay but you never know
"In football you never know, even one day before the market closes news comes out, but for now everything points towards me continuing on at Atletico," Oblak said to the Slovenian website Sportal. "I am satisfied at Atletico and I believe that I'll continue playing here next season," he assured.
Oblak will head towards the Czech Republic where his sister, Teja, will play in the Women's basketball European Championship. Slovenia will play France on Friday in the tournament where Oblak will keep an eye on his sister and his country's progress.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City had "considerable chance" to land Ronaldo, says Fernandinho
- CORONAVIRUS | MANDATES How many Americans does Biden's vaccine mandate apply to?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Recommendations for Week 2
- NFL Baltimore's Jackson says Sunday's game vs. KC "not about me and Mahomes"
- NFL Cowboys lose fourth starter in a week after Lawrence breaks foot
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Real Madrid player ratings vs Inter Milan