Oblak: "I'm happy at Atletico and I want to continue here"
The Slovenian goalkeeper declared his intention to stay at Atletico Madrid next season but also said that in the transfer market, "you never know"
Jan Oblak has declared his desire to remain at Atletico Madrid despite PSG's reported interested in the shot-stopper. The French side have shown the most interested in recent months but Atletico are keen to review Oblak's contractual situation and feel as though one of the pillars on their team feels the same. His contract expires in 2021 but given his excellent form, a pay rise could be in the works, which would also give Atletico the chance to raise his release clause.
Desire to stay but you never know
"In football you never know, even one day before the market closes news comes out, but for now everything points towards me continuing on at Atletico," Oblak said to the Slovenian website Sportal. "I am satisfied at Atletico and I believe that I'll continue playing here next season," he assured.
Oblak will head towards the Czech Republic where his sister, Teja, will play in the Women's basketball European Championship. Slovenia will play France on Friday in the tournament where Oblak will keep an eye on his sister and his country's progress.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 29 July
- GOLD CUP Mexico vs Canada, Gold Cup semi-final: how to watch - times, TV, online
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 29 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS Simone Biles suffers twisties: What are they? How do they affect gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness