Oblak: "I'm happy at Atletico and I want to continue here"
The Slovenian goalkeeper declared his intention to stay at Atletico Madrid next season but also said that in the transfer market, "you never know"
Jan Oblak has declared his desire to remain at Atletico Madrid despite PSG's reported interested in the shot-stopper. The French side have shown the most interested in recent months but Atletico are keen to review Oblak's contractual situation and feel as though one of the pillars on their team feels the same. His contract expires in 2021 but given his excellent form, a pay rise could be in the works, which would also give Atletico the chance to raise his release clause.
Desire to stay but you never know
"In football you never know, even one day before the market closes news comes out, but for now everything points towards me continuing on at Atletico," Oblak said to the Slovenian website Sportal. "I am satisfied at Atletico and I believe that I'll continue playing here next season," he assured.
Oblak will head towards the Czech Republic where his sister, Teja, will play in the Women's basketball European Championship. Slovenia will play France on Friday in the tournament where Oblak will keep an eye on his sister and his country's progress.
Recommended in English
- NBA Ricky enjoying the present: "It's not a cliché, it's a lifestyle"
- NFL Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski hoping to break NFL record
- NFL Who plays Monday Night football tonight, Week 13? Games, times, TV
- SOCCER Kylian Mbappé disappointed Real Madrid move falls through
- SOCCER Zlatan Ibrahimovic wants to 'stay at Milan for life'
- REAL MADRID Benzema out for Inter clash but has one eye on Madrid derby